From today, BizTalk Server 2013 is RTM (released to manufacturing, whatever that literally means these days and on the same note, what does “out-of-the-box” still mean these days? ;-)) and available for download on MSDN. Global availability (“on the price list”) of the English version starts in April.
So, what’s new?
- Improved Performance – always nice
- Simplified Development and Management Experience – much needed, good improvements
- Cloud Connectivity – a necessity in today’s hybrid integration world
- Running BizTalk Server in the cloud (IaaS) – great for dev and test, but be aware of running cost
- Support for the latest platform and standards – a must have if you run SQL and Windows Server 2012
Apart from these functional and non-functional improvements the license model has changed. Check it out here.
The most popular integration server world-wide has become a very mature platform during the past 13 years and I’m proud to have been part of the journey. I’m confident that many more happy customers will either start or continue to use Microsoft’s excellent integration middleware in both on-premise and hybrid solutions.